Online Resource for all things Navy
802 Cornaga Ave - Far Rockaway, NY 11691
Phone: 718-471-5464 Email click here Fax 718-337-7115
|Main Website||Ship Catalogue||Paints & Displays||How to Build a Ship!||Navy Ball Caps|
|How to Books||Decals||Photo- Etching||Ship Art Prints||Main Website|
Our Customer Service is open weekdays from 9:00 am to 8:30 pm EST time call us if you need help. 718-471-5464
Toll free 800 - 845-1140
Shipping will be added to all orders, we always endeavour to give you the best rate >>> Click for Rates.
If you have any questions or need help email us, call us or click here for HELP
USS Coronado LCS-4
1/700 Scale Ship Models
Kit# DC054 $27.95
model is 7.5" long
This ship is in stock now!
Specifications - LCS Littoral Combat Ship (Flight 0, first generation):
What's in the kit look below.
- BRAND NEW TOOLING!!!
- Newly tooled MH-53E
- Newly produced MK-105
- Detailed integrated ISR suite delicately represented
- Hull-side door can be assembled open/closed
- Hangar is hollow to allow accommodation of helicopter
- Dimensionally accurate flight deck represented in detail
- Photo-etched safety netting surrounds the flight deck
- Detailed flight deck includes signal lights
- Optional MK 41 launcher authentically produced
- True-to-scale SeaRAM including 11-cell launcher and Phalanx CIWS delicately represented
- Bow anchor correctly depicted
- Hangar door can be assembled open/closed
- Stern doors can be assembled open/closed
- Realistic life raft containers and brackets provided
- Waterline or full-hull version can be assembled
- Display stand included for display of full-hull version
- Delicate MQ-8 included
- Intricate Trimaran hull consists of main hull and two outrigger hulls
- One-piece slide-molded superstructure accurately represented
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/both waterline & full-hull versions available
Dragon has already released a 1/700 scale kit of USS Independence (LCS-2), the prototypical Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). Now, Dragon is following up with an identically scaled plastic kit of USS Coronado (LCS-4). What is most remarkable about this kit is that LCS-4 is still under construction, with it not expected to enter service until May 2012. This means model-makers will get their hands on this ship long before the US Navy does! Its primary missions will include mine, anti-submarine and surface warfare depending on what mission package modules are installed on the ship.
Based on the very popular LCS-2 kit, Item No. 7108 shares many of its extremely accurate components. However, it has been modified where appropriate to reflect any changes introduced in LCS-4. To make it even more distinctive, the ship comes with some newly tooled items such as an MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter equipped with an MK-105 Mod 4 Magnetic Minesweeping System, more commonly known as the “sled”. This hydrofoil-type device is towed along the ocean’s surface by a Sea Dragon during minesweeping operations. As well as this, the kit also boasts an MQ-8 Fire Scout rotary-winged unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). With all these accessories, this new kit of the future USS Coronado couldn’t be any more advanced!